Try Outs (Quinte West Minor Hockey Association)
Covid Self Screening
OMHA Vaccination Policy
City of Quinte West Vaccination Policy
House League Hockey
House League Hockey
House League Play Together Request Form
Initiation (Jr and Sr)
Social Media Policy
Mission & Vision
Executive & Staff
Registration for all QWMHA Programs
Online Registration Help
Respect in Sport Parent Program (Mandatory)
Moving to Quinte West
Try Out Registration
Schedule & Results
Highway of Heroes
Quinte West Minor Hockey will be holding open try outs for players interested in representative hockey starting September 24, 2021.
A full tryout schedule is listed under the try out schedule tab.
Please note the information on this page is subject to change without notice so please be sure to check back regularly.
Covid Safety Protocols
1) Players and spectators must wear a mask while in the building.
2) All people entering the building must complete a personal
and complete an attendance list for contact tracing at the door.
3) Players are restricted to one spectator only during the initial try out phase to ensure we do not surpass the restrictions of people in the building.
4) Due to the restriction in the number of players in a dressing room at one time, dressing rooms will not be available for the first two tryouts (minimum) therefore players must come dressed and prepared to put on skates in the bleachers at the arena.
5) Players must bring their own labelled water bottle.
6) Physical distancing must be maintained.
7) Each group is asked to arrive 30 minutes prior to their ice time to complete attendance and jersey hand out for the first skate. Entrance to the building will be permitted 15 minutes prior to their ice time and must exit the building 15 minutes after their ice time is completed.
8) Food and beverages for spectators are not permissible at this time.
9) Coaches/trainers not engaging on the ice must wear a face mask.
General try out details
Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, participants wishing to try out must pre-register by completing the
try out registration form
and send payment by e-transfer of $60 to
Only players who have completed the pre registration and payment will be allowed to participate in tryouts.
In some cases, the ice time may be split in half to accomodate larger try out groups. These groups will be contacted and notified of any changes directly.
The try out fee includes a guaranteed two skates and a try out jersey. Any try out after this date is by invite only and incurs an additional fee of $20 per player per skate to be collected by the coach or selected representative of each team.
No new player
may attend a try out after the first two scheduled ice times without the written consent of the coach. Player must pay the initial fee as determined by the board.
Players must be residentially qualified or provide an approved Non Residential Player passport. Passports are available from your home centre for players in U12(2010) and older and must be presented at the first tryout. If you are unsure of your residential qualification please ask.
Players must be in good standing with their association and previous team to be eligible to participate in try outs.
Players interested in exercising the reverse NRP option to try out for a BB or below base category centre must fulfill all try out commitments at their home centre.
Players that wish to try out in an older age group must follow the below as published in the QWMHA constitution.
4.1 Representative Team Try-Outs
a) To be eligible for any additional entry team, a player must previously have tried out for either a minor or major rep team.
b) If a child would like to play in a higher age division, they must inform the First Vice President, in writing, 14 days before the first try out.
4.2 In order for a player to move to a higher division they must meet the following criteria.
1) Defence – Must be evaluated as top defence to the team the player wishes to go to.
2) Forward – Must be evaluated as top two forwards to the team the players wishes to go to.
3) Goalie – Must be the top goalie from the team leaving. - Evaluated as the top goalie in the team they are going to. - Age-appropriate team has to have two qualified rep goalies as determined by a third party evaluator.
4) No player movement will occur if the age-appropriate team does not meet minimum player requirements for that given season. (9 forwards, 6 defence, 2 goalies)
5) Non residential players will not be considered in any player evaluation.
6) Request for player up evaluations must be submitted in writing to the QWMHA office a minimum of two weeks prior to the first try out.
7) In the event of an AE team, the playing up regulation will only apply to members asking to move divisions not categories. (i.e. Minor Peewee age can try out for Peewee AE without meeting qualifications, but an Atom age player would have to meet qualifications).