Moving to Quinte West (Quinte West Minor Hockey Association)

PrintMoving to Quinte West
Players will move to QWMHA for one of two reasons.

1) Moving from another centre to play house league hockey

2) Physically moving from one home to another, changing boundaries of play for your family.

For players moving from one centre to another to play house league hockey and your residential address is not changing, please email the office [email protected] and provide your player's name and date of birth so a shared transfer can be requested.

If you are moving to QUINTE WEST and want to register your child with QWMHA and/or attend representative team tryouts then you must follow the instructions below.

QUINTE WEST is a residence restricted association, and fully abides by OMHA Regulation 3.3 governing that only confirmed residents of QUINTE WEST shall be eligible to tryout, and be rostered to a representative team.

Please read the instructions in its entirety and follow accordingly.  Applications that are not complete will not be processed and will only delay completion.

There are three types of transfers:

Transfer 1 - OMHA to OMHA (ex: Northumberland, Belleville, Oshawa, etc)
Transfer 2 - Moving from another OHF Member ( ex: Alliance, GTHL)
Transfer 3 - Moving from outside the OHF but within Canada ( ex: Hockey Alberta)

Please make sure you review all three options and select the transfer process that best describes your situation.  The wrong transfer will delay approval and registration.

Transfer 1 - OMHA to OMHA ( ex: Northumberland, Belleville, Oshawa, etc)

Step 1: Obtain the necessary documents:
Mandatory Documents 
1) Copy of Purchase or Rental Agreement (amounts can be blacked out)
2) Copy of permanent (blue card) Drivers License with new QUINTE WEST Address
3) Copy of a utility or similar bill with the new QUINTE WEST address
4) Copy of school enrolment confirmation (citing school year)
5) Letter to school authorizing OMHA to contact and confirm child's enrolment
6) Notary Public Affidavit in split custody circumstances, with split residence, confirming the player resides within QUINTE WEST more than 50% of the time (joint-custody). .  Note this can also be used as additional documentation in other family or custody orders
Optional Documents (ensure approval)
Military Posting Message 
Property Tax Bill with new Quinte West address
Step 2: Scan or drop off each document individually

Do not scan all documents into one big file.  Scan each as its own file/attachment.
The attachments MUST be in PDF format (the only acceptable format) and each document must be smaller than 3MB.

Step 3: Complete the Residential Transfer Form

Step 4: Once you get a confirmation email from QWMHA that they are in receipt of your documents, please allow up to 14 calendar days to verify, process, upload, and get OMHA to approve documents in the Hockey Canada Registry.  Once this is complete you may register and attend try outs as available.

Important Note: This is an easy, straightforward and reasonably streamlined process if the requestor provides all mandatory supporting documentation, in the correct format, at the correct time. In the event one or more obligatory documents aren’t provided, no guarantee on response time exists, and it’s probable that the player will miss some/all tryouts. As with all things, the more documentation the better, so the more proof you can provide the higher the possibility of a quick approval.
Please direct any questions and/or concerns to [email protected]

Transfer 2 - Moving from another OHF Member ( Ex: Alliance, GTHL)

OHF Minor Hockey Player Transfers for Residential Move are internal transfers within the OHF for minor players moving from one Minor Hockey Member centre to another Minor Hockey Member centre.

Per OHF Regulations E55, players who have changed their residence with their parent(s) or guardian(s), and as a result of that move have changed Minor Members  will require approval from the OHF.

Follow this link to complete the online form and submit the list of required documents.

Transfer 3 - Interbranch Transfer - any player from outside of OHF but within Canada (ex: Hockey Alberta)

Step 1 - Complete the form
Step 2 - Gather the documents that are listed as required from the form
Step 3 - Email all required documents to [email protected]

                                                  FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q. I am moving to QUINTE WEST from another centre that is not part of the OMHA (GTHL, out of province, etc.) - does that make a difference?
A. Yes it does! Per OHF regulation E.99, if you are transferring from another hockey centre that is outside of the OMHA, you will also need to submit this Minor Hockey Player Residential Form

Q. I am thinking about moving to QUINTE WEST, but haven’t settled on a home/condo/rental.  How does this impact me?
A. Your player is not eligible to play QUINTE WEST representative Hockey until you satisfy all documentation requirements outlined above.

Q. I have purchased a home/condo/rental in QUINTE WEST, but I don’t move in until after Tryouts.  Is my player eligible to skate at Tryouts?
A. Please contact the registrar directly at [email protected]

Q. We have joint custody of our player, and one parent is in QUINTE WEST, the other is not – is my player eligible for tryouts under this circumstance?
A. As long as you can satisfy all documentation requirements above, including an affidavit that proves more than 50% of the player’s time is spent with the QUINTE WEST parent, and the player attends school in QUINTE WEST, then the player will be eligible.

Q. My purchased home in QUINTE WEST doesn’t close until after the season starts (Sept) – what now?
A. Unfortunately, your player will not be able to participate in tryouts for the current season as per current OMHA regulations.

Q. Can I register before you approve my residency request?
A. No – the Hockey Canada Registry will block all activity by QUINTE WEST until such time that the residency request is processed.

Q. I don’t agree with this residency stuff and I am going to file a false move.
A. You should be aware that every Residency/Move request and all documentation is thoroughly investigated by the OMHA, and any false claim or misleading information may result in player suspension for a prolonged period of time, regardless of association (Hockey Canada).

Q. What is the process between the QWMHA and the OMHA?  I want to know more.
A. Your documents will be reviewed by the QWMHA for completeness, accuracy and format.  Should they pass this preliminary review, the QWMHA will upload each document to the player’s permanent member profile on the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR).  Once each document has been uploaded and accepted by this secure program, an OMHA representative will review the submission for authenticity and completeness.  The OMHA will then a)approve, b)decline, or c)investigate for possible fraud the move, and will notify the WMHA accordingly.  Once notified, the QWMHA will notify the member of the decision and next steps.

Q. I am moving into QUINTE WEST but my player has no interest in Rep or Select and will not be trying out for any of those teams, nor are they interested in being an affiliated player to a Rep or Select Team – what process do I follow?
A. Please follow the same process and select "House League" on the Residential Transfer Form.